Saturday, August 12, 2006

Rochester tomorrow


So no going back to work this week until Thursday. Well, technically not going back to work. Tomorrow I head up to Rochester, NY for a four day, new admissions officer conference. It's about a six hour drive, so that will be fun. The other new MC admissions counselor had a family emergency so I will be going alone. I don't really know much about what I'll be doing up there except I have to at some point give a short presentation on MC.

Besides that, I've just been adjusting to living in the city. Living as far uptown as I do I don't always feel like I live in New York City, or rather, the New York City that I've always known - and most people know - through movies, pictures, and trips. I've spent both weekends here taking the subway downtown and just walking around, usually reading in Central Park. Maybe its just to remind myself that I do live in New York City. Most likely though it's because it's just really enjoyable to walk around the city or the park. I haven't really met anyone in the city yet so I'm hoping that comes next. As much as my apartment is nice it's geting old hanging out here (which is why I try to get out when I can).

My main gripe for the week is the fact that Office Depot screwed me. Last Sunday I went downtown and found a good, inexpensive desk that I liked and ordered it to be delivered on Friday. Since the package is too big to be left with anyone, I stay in my apartment all day long so that I'll be here to receive the package (I didn't work on Friday). Throughout the day I speak to three Office Depot representatives. Only when I speak to the third one, an hour after the desk was supposed to be here, am I told that the item is out of stock and they won't be selling it anymore. Therefore, I'm not getting my desk. I just can't believe they would not tell someone that. I'm just pissed because now I have to get another desk somewhere else. Such horrible business practices...

I most likely won't have access to a computer in Rochester so I'll try to post again when I get back. Have a good week everyone.

No comments: